The United Nations Association in Canada – Calgary Chapter (UNAC-Calgary) is seeking (3) content creators / writers to join the communications sub-committee.
This role will be responsible for developing and executing content to support UNAC-Calgary’s strategy by writing blog content to 1) keep the public informed of UNAC-Calgary’s progress, 2) share news and events 2) profile Calgary-based not-for-profit and non-profit organizations.
The position requires a minimum one-year commitment and is an unpaid volunteer position.
At UNAC-Calgary, we believe in connecting Calgarians to the work of the United Nations, with a focus on the Sustainable Development Goals and how they are realized locally.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Develop blog content to align with organization’s goals and mission.
• Collaborate with the communication’s social media team sub-committee to curate, share and re-share and content for UNAC-Calgary’s social channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram).
• Act as an advocate and ambassador for UNAC-Calgary and the SDGs.
• Regularly attend and actively participate in monthly committee meetings.
• Knowledge of the United Nations, particularly the Sustainable Development Goals would be considered an asset to the role.
Skills and experience required:
• You are experienced writer and are comfortable with writing for a broad audience.
• You are a self starter, and are able to generate story ideas, and interview UNAC-Calgary partners.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by November 15, 2021 by emailing email@example.com with a summary of interest and experience.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.