The United Nations Association in Canada – Calgary Chapter (UNAC-Calgary) is seeking a Social Media coordinator to join the communications sub-committee.
This role will be responsible for developing and executing UNAC-Calgary’s social media strategy and keeping the public informed of UNAC-Calgary’s progress, share news and events, promote the image of the organization and its initiatives, and drive traffic to UNAC-Calgary’s events. The position requires a minimum one-year commitment and is an unpaid volunteer position.
At UNAC-Calgary, we believe in connecting Calgarians to the work of the United Nations, with a focus on the Sustainable Development Goals and how they are realized locally.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop and execute the UNAC-Calgary’s social media strategy to align with organization’s goals and mission.
- Manage the social media platforms by collaborating with the communication’s sub-committee to curate, share and re-share and content for UNAC-Calgary’s social channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Act as an advocate and ambassador for UNAC-Calgary and the SDGs.
- Regularly attend and actively participate in monthly committee meetings.
- Knowledge of the United Nations, particularly the Sustainable Development Goals would be considered an asset to the role.
Skills and experience required:
- You understand and have experience with social media platforms and know how to best engage and grow our audience.
- You have prior experience managing a social media account on behalf of an organization.
- You are a strong communicator and have strong time management skills.
Certification or Education Required: Ideally Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication or similar discipline. Or equivalent education and work experience.
Why should you volunteer for this opportunity? Further develop your social media and communications skills, be part of a globally recognized organization, giving back to our community, learning from others and networking.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2021.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.