[Closed] Social Media Coordinator
The United Nations Association in Canada – Calgary Chapter (UNAC-Calgary) is seeking two (2) Social Media coordinators to join the communications sub-committee.
This role will be responsible for developing and executing UNAC-Calgary’s social media strategy and keeping the public informed of UNAC-Calgary’s progress, share news and events, promote the image of the organization and its initiatives, and drive traffic to UNAC-Calgary’s events. The position requires a minimum one-year commitment and is an unpaid volunteer position.
At UNAC-Calgary, we believe in connecting Calgarians to the work of the United Nations, with a focus on the Sustainable Development Goals and how they are realized locally.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Develop and execute the UNAC-Calgary’s social media strategy to align with organization’s goals and mission.
• Manage the social media platforms by collaborating with the communication’s sub-committee to curate, share and re-share and content for UNAC-Calgary’s social channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram).
• Act as an advocate and ambassador for UNAC-Calgary and the SDGs.
• Regularly attend and actively participate in monthly committee meetings.
• Knowledge of the United Nations, particularly the Sustainable Development Goals would be considered an asset to the role.
Skills and experience required:
• You understand and have experience with social media platforms and know how to best engage and grow our audience.
• You have prior experience managing a social media account on behalf of an organization, and are comfortable with creating and managing paid social media campaigns.
• You are a strong communicator and have strong time management skills.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by November 15, 2021 by emailing email@example.com with a summary of their interest and experience.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.